Sunday, November 30, 2008

3DCG+manga/anime character


3DCG: Scatter 2 by =Waterdroplet-s on deviantART


LOL!!!! For the first time- I managed to combine both 3DCG and manga/anime drawing----yaaaaaah!


Yeah because of it- there are probably mistakes... Oh well. It's 1:50 am right now. Everything looks nice at this hour~

Okay... I'm still not good at coloring hair and there's a bit too much blue here- but this is where I passed out after working for two nights and a few hours in order to combine both my own 3DCG and manga/anime character into illustration for the first time- so yeah... there are mistakes here and there probably. I'll do better next time.


This time, I tried to incorporate my original -veryX2 simple/basic 3DCG into the usual illustration instead of fractals. I created the background first and the character later- just like scatter([link]). Since it was still complicated for me, I drew the rough draft first on paper+pencil, scanned and produced the character and 3D CG based on it. In the end, I used the same original brush as [link] . Everything but the character and yellow triangles was produced in Cinema 4D- which I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

The line rendering for Cinema 4D was produced based on the tutorial by Pdgfx. Thank you.
Tools used:
A4 paper+pencil+eraser
Scanner
Adobe Reader+Acrobat (since the graphic was originally scanned in pdf format)
Cinema 4D R11 (studio) (3DCG models, 600dpi)
Comic Studio Ex 4.0 (line art, 1200 dpi, monochrome)
Photoshop CS2 (coloring, editing, 600dpi, 8bit/channel)
Texture for the sky: photo I took from airplane in Aug 2008


Time it took:
2 nights+a few hours
Modeling+rendering time for 3DCG:
2 hours

No comments: