Thursday, January 14, 2010

BW illust/doodle


Group shot by =Waterdroplet-s on deviantART

The 3D CG I made and used in this illust:

(I finally figured out how to render the wireframe by doing Effect>>Cel Renderer (Outline, Edge)at Render Setting. I can't believe that it took this long to figure out such thing)

What I did differently this time was to draw more than one character in one BW drawing, and use a different rendering method for 3D CG.

I used to render in Cinema 4D and pasted it or traced it in another software. This time, I rendered using IllustStudio/Comic Studio since I finally found out that exporting Cinema 4D files in Wavefront format produced .obj format files, and that could be incorporated into those 2D CG drawing softwares.


It's been a year since I had Comic Studio Ex 4, and ugh... it took me more than a year to figure out wireframe render.


I used a camera's lens effect to change the shape of 3D CG render to have a movement in illustration.

Cinema 4D R11 studio
Comic Studio Ex 4
IllustStudio 1.1.0 (since I didn't have Comic Studio in another computer)
~ a week

No comments: