Thursday, September 4, 2008

Eureka!

Being drunk and doing 3D CG simultaneously don't work

Yes... that's what I concluded after drinking out last night. Well, I thought I was strong, but gaaaah! Got knocked out with just one cocktail.


Despite that, I managed to go home, walk the dog (I was walking diagonally), and tried to battle with Blender.

I read several on-line tutorials about great features that the combination of Blender and another free rendering program called Yafray does to images. So, I attempted to produce metal, glass, and since I would need to produce model to do them....

In the end, all failed. However, I managed to learn how to produce my own model with wires.

So... I think I will start off with trying to make simple models. Then, shift to furniture or buildings. Then, figures. I better get back to manga and illustrations tonight since I'm going way off the side track. It's a trial period for me to see if I'm really ok with 3D. I think I will go off trying to Shade or other 3D softwares if I like 3D modeling. This skill will probably help in my job as well, if I manage to produce nice images :D

However, I heard once from the pro-manga editor that there's one mangaka that produces building models to refer to it whenever she's drawing manga scenes. So... I guess I'm attempting the same method- trying to learn models, but in this case, CG.

No comments: