Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fireflies

I went to see fireflies with my dog tonight.

I just caught them with my hands while they are flying midair. It can be caught with just one hand too.




My dog who jumped up when he saw the firefly for the first time and got bored after taking one sniff at it. He thinks that rice paddy is more interesting than glowing fireflies and me chasing after them and jumping up and down the road like a maniac.






Okay- a quick doodle with photos:



Done in ~30 min- something between a speed painting/doodle. All the yellow green lights- so everything except for the face are bunch of photos combined. They are real fireflies I took photos of. I didn't really pay attention to lines or shadows and didn't clean noises on photos. I just wanted to capture the moment I saw fireflies last night. That was my main concern.

I used spray mode for the first time in Painter while seeking well blending brushes similar to SAI and has quick response. I like it how it blends so I might use it later.


So... in nutshell, this is in:
Photography
speed painting (... probably)
manga/anime
photomanipulation (a dash)

Softwares used:
Comic Studio Ex 4.0
Corel Painter X
Photoshop CS2

Time it took:
~30 min while dozing off



I first posted in DA but since it sucks, I will just display them in blogs. :p

No comments: