Friday, August 7, 2009

Doodle: ROOM - SF styled painting (DAY 1)

This is the latest doodle I'm doing in an attempt to do SF style since it didn't work the last time :p

This is the DAY 1 steps I made- from a basic sketch to simple coloring yesterday. I will do more later.

Ok... so I will use SAI this time since I'm on Windows Vista. This could be done in Photoshop or Painter but... since I need to practice SAI I got last week, I will use this.


Brushes I used in this:
Pencil
Eraser
Acrylic (for thick ones)
Water color (for light shade)

Blur (? I'm not sure what it is exactly called in English version since mine is original Japanese one)

I did a basic sketch of the scene and made rough outline with acrylic brush. During these processes, I am constantly changing the brush settings- mainly thickness of the color (opacity?), how much water there is in the brush, and sometimes, brush tips to default to 丸筆 or round brush. Every single time there's image in this entry, please think that I created a new layer.





Now... shading. I used mainly water color brush + blur
More details and shadows with acrylic brush, with thicker black color:


slightly more detail with acrylic brush, white this time:

Now, start the coloring. First, skin with water color:

Now some hair and shirt...


More colors


And... this is where I passed out last night. Off to sleep


will be continued... perhaps on Sun since I will be drinking out Fri and Sat nights with friends :p

SAI
a few hours

No comments: