Monday, December 8, 2008

Done and submitted

I sent off three designs for mobile phone design contest over the weekend. However, since I'm a few weeks ahead of deadline- I might change the content before that. The result will be in at the end of next month.


It's been a year and three months since I started CG- and this was my fifth and last art contest I've tried within this year. And oi... I didn't start trying out until this year.

1 for site (mascot, US, Feb 2008)
1 for a nintendo DS game (fan art, US, April 2008)
2 pro-manga magazines (Japan, USA, Sept. & Nov 2008)
1 for a major mobile phone company(Japan, Dec 2008)


Hopefully, the result is good. If not, I will try harder next year!!!

Well, it seems as though I am not so lucky with contests this year- there were some good stuff:

1. Met with a pro-manga magazine editor for advice (April 2008)
2. My illustrations/manga got on recommended reading list in one site (July-Sept 2008 for a few days)
3. Got invited among 500 artists to display my manga at a mobile phone site (beta version)
4. Did commissions (small movie poster, commercial T-shirt designs, and individual work)
5. Got a mascot I drew (character design/coloring were done by two other people)up on one major site (up since Oct- though I wish I did better)
6. Got to know wonderful people and did collabs for two illustrations
7. Started 3DCG (my dream since high school)
8. Set up international groups and club.
9. TLOF Chapter 2 released in Feb + random pages of manga (I should have done more perhaps)
10. My personal life (job, relationship, language, academics) improved dramatically.

And hell- I did none/little of this a year or two years ago when I didn't do CG/manga. Just shows how much I didn't try.

but most of all, I think I got more confidence about myself and not as nervous as before in front of others.

However, I'm not satisfied with my art skills since it's still at amateur level and needs improvement.


Well, now, my goal is to get better in my art skills, techniques, designs, and story telling skills in manga/illustrations/3DCG. I think trying for something high constantly and working towards it will eventually pay off in the end.

One of the CG artist I really admire, told me other day, that trying in variety of fields will improve things in general. It's true.

Anyway, I was working on painting my next manga page from last night for real. I think I should start working on it before I get distracted with something else-lol

Oh, it's TLOF- manga I just do for fun.

No comments: